Dysfunctional Government? — Let’s Fix It! — PART I

Summary

This four-part series describes a key cause for our nation’s problems and corrective actions we can collectively take to eliminate the cause. The series provides the reader with facts and observations to help make informed decision independent of political party preferences. PART I defines our present government, and why most citizens are frustrated, angry, and scared. PART II describes how our present government evolved to its present state. PART III shows that most of our problems are symptoms of one key “root” cause. PART IV provides actions “we the people,” the 99%, can take to correct the root cause thereby reinvigorating our great nation for future generations. 

PART I: Peoples’ Government?

— Who runs our government and how do they do it? —


Let’s look at the type and makeup of our present government. Today our U.S. government is “ruled” by a few supported by “enablers” where citizens fall into one of three groups:

1.   Our key political leaders — federal and each state’s top politicians — are the rulers.

2.   The powerful and/or rich upper class — individuals or special interest groups who have established mutually beneficial relationships with our politicians — are the enablers.

3.   The rest of us, rich or poor — citizens who are under the control of the rulers aided by the enablers — are the masses.

As a percentage of the U.S.’s 310 million population, political rulers are 0.001%, enablers are 1% and the remaining 99% are the masses. The approximate number and role of each group are:

1.   3,100 key career politicians:

  • Include about 600 federal House, Senate, Supreme Court, and the President and key members of his Administration, and on average about 50 key politicians per state.
  • Are responsible for: (1) the laws we must live by, and (2) overseeing implementations of these laws — their political Oath of Office!
  • Have established their own rules that allow them to legally
    1. Accept bribes, favors, and perks.
    2. Use public funds to garner votes for their reelections.
    3. Use knowledge gained as a result of their positions to enhance their personal wealth.
  • Are the focus of the Tea Party.

2.   3,100,000 are the rich and powerful enablers — individuals and special interest groups who:

  • Provide bribes and favors to the 3100 key politicians
    1. Give money directly to campaigns and indirectly through political action special interest groups, free travel, free TV time, and many other perks.
    2. Draft self-serving legislation and position arguments for politicians
  • Encourage politician’s rules that make acceptance of their bribes and favors legal.
    1. Expect something in return for the bribes to which the career politicians eagerly oblige.
    2. Are the focus of Wall Street Occupiers.

3.   305,000,000 of us continue to pay the price for the laws and actions the 0.001% have developed to oblige the 1%’s generosity.

We 99% are rightly frustrated, angry, and scared. It is time we become informed enough to force real fundamental changes but what do we want to change and how can we do it?

 

Read more…..PART II: Evolution To U.S. Oligarchy describes how our government evolved to its present dysfunctional state, and why we must “go back to the future,” reverting to some past practices and policies. PART III: Common Concerns Of The 99% demonstrates most problems that concern us are symptoms of one key root cause. PART IV: The Peoples’ Actions provides actions “we the people” can take to correct the root cause and fix our nation’s problems.

Be Sociable, Share!

About

Dr. Cleland’s Ph.D. is from Purdue University where he specialized in complex systems theory. His technical training and experiences includes analyses of many types of systems, involvement with numerous federal, state, and local agencies, and management of a broad set of set of professionals, services, and trades people. He has managed scientists, engineers, policemen, firefighters, environment, health, safety and emergency planning experts, building trades and maintenance crafts personnel, and others.

One Response to “Dysfunctional Government? — Let’s Fix It! — PART I”

Leave a Reply

Connect with S.O.S.

Get Updates via Email

Enter your email address to receive updates whenever new content is added.

Categories

December 2011
S M T W T F S
« Nov   Jan »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031